I am loving my bounty of currants this year.
With it being a great year for growing anything. All of my herbs are growing fast and in vast amounts. Currants are one of my favorites.
I just made a few batches of Frosted Currant Cookies, Picking the Currants from the bush will take a bit of time as there are so many. I picked 3c yesturday, barely making a dent.
For Currant Cookies
1c Butter (softened)
1&1/2 Packed Brown Sugar
3c All- Purpose flour
1tsp Baking Soda
3c Fresh Currants
2tsp Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
– In large mixing bowl, sift flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
– Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
– Stir in the soft butter and mix well.
– Gently stir in the currants and mix well.
_ Drop by rounded tbsp, 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
– Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown
-Cool for 3minutes before removing them.
2 Tbls Milk
1&1/2c Powdered Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract.