It seems like we have been making a lot of Pork dishes lately. Pork is much cheaper then some other meats, and besides it gives us a chance to be creative when It comes to pork. This recipe was so easy to prep.Slow cooking some meals means more time for reading blogs, and more recipe research.
Time: Prep to Finish- 7 1/2 hrs.
3 lb Pork Roast
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Coriander
2 tsp Garlic (minced)
1 Onion (cut into quarters)
3 Potatoes ( peeled, cut into wedges)
3 Carrots (peeled, sliced)
4 c Beef stock/broth
– Remove Roast from packaging.
– In small bowl, add salt, pepper, coriander, and garlic, mix well.
– Rub the roast with the seasoning.
– Add a small amount of oil to a frying pan, Sear the roast til browned on all sides.
– In slow cooker add Stock or broth and onion.
– Once the Roast is done browning add to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 1 hr.
– Turn slow cooker to medium low heat for another 4 hrs.
– After 4 hrs, add carrots and potatoes and allow to cook another 1 1/2 hrs.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
We had this along with our Homemade Pork Gravy, With a Buttered bun on the side.
What is your favorite Pot roast Seasonings?