Our idea for St Patrick’s Day is with Corn Beef with carrots and potatoes. As for the Cabbage we wanted something a little different,Mark decided to make saute’d cabbage which had a nice crisp to it.
This dish was so easy to make and the smell of the corn beef was so intoxicating that it was hard not to take a nibble.
1 Corn Beef
3 Potato (peeled and cut in wedges)
3 Carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
1 Cabbage ( cut into thin strips)
1 Onion ( Cut into quarters )
1 clove Garlic (smashed)
– Empty Corn beef into slow cooker, your corn beef should have a little spice packet, empty the contents on top of corn beef.
– Fill slow cooker with 3 c of water around the corn beef, not disturbing the spices on the meat.
– Turn slow cooker to high for the first hour. Then turn it down to medium for another 6 hours.
– After the 7 hours. Turn the slow cooker to off and start your cabbage.
– Add 1 tbsp butter to a frying pan, Add a small amount of minced garlic and 1 tsp of minced onion to pan.
– Add the cabbage and allow to cook til nice and crisp.
When plating your corn beef add cabbage first to the plate. then the potatoes and carrots. Next add the Corned Beef.
– Set on table and enjoy. Irish Soda Bread is fantastic as a side dish.
HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE ST. PATRICK’S DAY?
WHAT PLANS DO YOU HAVE TO CELEBRATE?