The one food we love around here is our burrito’s especially on those busy days. They are by far the easiest dishes to make and you can serve them any way you like. Today we made our chicken burrito’s.
3 Chicken Breasts (boneless, cut into thin slices)
1Tbsp Olive oil
1 clove Garlic (chopped)
1/2 Onion (thinly sliced)
1 tsp Lime juice (more can be added for taste)
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 Green Pepper (thinly sliced)
1/4 c Cilantro
1 can Black beans
1 can Buttered beans
2 c Romaine lettuce (thinly sliced)
1 Tbsp Sour cream (each burrito)
1 Tbsp Cheddar cheese (each burrito)
1 Tbsp Salsa (each burrito)
6 Soft Tortilla shells
– After slicing chicken, add seasonings to chicken and set aside.
– Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, Add garlic and onion and fry til almost brown.
– Add chicken and cook til no longer pink, add green peppers.
– Add the buttered beans and black beans and salsa, stir thoroughly.
– After stirring, Add 2 Tbsp filling to each tortilla shell, add a sprinkling of cheddar cheese, fold the shell.
– Place each finished burrito, onto a baking sheet and place in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, just to melt the cheese inside.
– After 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven.
– Place a 1/2 c lettuce onto plate.
– Add a burrito on top of lettuce, top with sour cream, salsa, and a sprinkling of Cheddar cheese and cilantro.
– If you want it spicier, add hot sauce.
3 thoughts on “Chicken Burrito’s”
You can never go wrong with burritos.
Looks and sounds delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love burritos!!! And this looks simply yummy