How many times have you wanted a comfort foods but yet something simple? We went with Swedish Meatballs and for the whole process it took less then a half an hour from start to finish as you will see with our recipe. I know that once you try this you will be requesting it again and again as my daughter already asked if I would make them again tonight.
1 lb Ground Beef
1/4 c Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp Parsley (chopped)
1/4 tsp All- spice
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 c (3) Green Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
– In a large bowl, Add ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, all-spice,nutmeg, green onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt and the egg. Mix well.
– After it is mixed well, form ground beef mixture into 3 inch balls.
– In a frying pan add,
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Butter
Once the butter melts, add the meatballs and cook until brown on all sides and cooked through.
Once the meatballs are cooked, place meatballs into a baking pan and warm in warm oven, while you make the sauce.
4 Tbsp Flour
2 c Beef broth
1 c Heavy cream
1 Tbsp Worcestshire sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
And salt and pepper to taste if needed. We didn’t need to.
– In frying pan;
– Add 4 Tbsp of butter and flour, til the mixture is a light brown color.
– Slowly add the beef broth and heavy cream. Stir well.
– Then add Worsetshire sauce and Dijon mustard.
– Bring to a boil, then turn it down to simmer until the sauce thickens.
– Add meatballs to sauce and simmer another 3-5 minutes.
We served with saute green beans and mashed potatoes.
Can also be serves over Egg Noodles or Rice.