This past week we have been cleaning out the pantry and cupboards to use the food that will be expired soon. It also meant that we didn’t have to go to the store for a while. The next couple of days we will be sharing with you the meals that we came up with just by shopping our own Fridge and cupboards. I have been experimenting with Chili a lot in the past couple of months, We didn’t have Kidney beans or black beans in our cupboard, just Garbanzo Beans and butter beans which worked really well, in fact I think I think a lot of you would probably use butter beans after you taste how good it is.Here is our new recipe that I hope you try.
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Onion (chopped)
1 (can) Stewed tomatoes
1 (can) Diced tomatoes
1 (can) Tomato sauce
1 (can) Butter beans
1 (can) Garbanzo Beans
4 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
– In large frying pan;
-Fry ground beef,add onion until no longer pink; drain.
– Place drained beef into a stockpot,
– Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, and Diced tomatoes, mix well.
– Drain Butter beans and garbanzo beans, add to stockpot.
– Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, Stir and mix well.
– Boil, then set to low heat,or simmer until you are ready to serve.
There is various variations to this including those busy schedules or just not feeling well. Wanting to add more vegetables. I assure you that you just can’t go wrong with Chili.
Slow- cooker method:
– While you are waiting for the ground beef to finish browning.
– Add Stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce to the slow cooker,
– Add the beans, then the spices. After browning the ground beef and onion: drain.
– Add to the slow-cooker and keep at a medium temp til you are ready to serve.
* I have also heard that Corn would be good in Chili, will have to try that.
What would your version of a easy Chili be?