If you have never tried Ham Balls before then this would be a real treat for you to try. This recipe is by Mark’s Grandma Helen and although she is resting in peace, some of her traditions lives on which includes serving these delicious meatballs every year, when Mark’s mother (Karen) keeps the traditions alive at Christmas (Karen also served it at her restaurant “Small World” too). When the store had a sale on Ham Loaf recently.
I decided that I was going to make some, besides these are meatballs I crave now and then and I didn’t want to wait until Christmas to have them. Once home I put on my favorite apron and went to work (with only a few questions to my sweet Mark). They were really good and there was very few left overs, (again, I had to hide a couple away). So if your looking for a new Christmas favorite or just needing a wonderful new kind of meatball. This would be a great recipe to try.
1 lb Ground Ham
1/2 lb Ground Pork
You can also ask the store if they have it packaged as like above picture.
1/3 c Milk
1/2 c Graham Crackers crumbs
3 Green Onions (finely chopped)
-Combine all ingredients.
– Form into 3 inch balls.
– Turn oven on to 400 degree’s
– Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place meatballs on sheet.
– Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and no longer pink.
While you are waiting for the meatballs to finish cooking. I started my sauce.
1 Can Tomato sauce
1/2 c Vinegar
1 tsp prepared Mustard
1 c Brown sugar
I tend to slow cook foods and this dish I did just that.
– Place all Sauce ingredients into slow cooker and whisk well.
– Once the meatballs are out of oven place meatballs into slow cooker and heat on high til it boils, turn slow cooker down to low setting and within an hour, you will have the tastiest meatballs.
* Serve over mashed potatoes or rice
* any kind of veggie would go well with this dish.
* For desert serve a nice slice of Rhubarb pie to go along with this.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does?
What is one recipe that is shared from ancestry or from a grandparent?