What a treat we had this morning and another winner to add to my collection of recipe’s. needed to use up some rhubarb and wanted something to go along with my coffee. So why not add rhubarb to coffee cake. It was so easy and tasted even better.
So if your looking for a twist on coffee cake, why not give this one a try.
1/2 c Butter
1 c Brown sugar (packed)
1/2 c Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 c All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 c Buttermilk
3 c Rhubarb
1/2 c Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
– Preheat oven to 350 degree’s
– Dice rhubarb, set aside.
– In a large mixing bowl, cream the Butter, brown sugar, sugar until light and fluffy.
– Add egg and vanilla, stir well.
– Add the flour, baking soda and salt, stir well.
– Add buttermilk, stir well.
– Stir in rhubarb, mix well.
– pour batter into a 13×9 baking dish.
– Combine the cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle over the batter.
– Place in oven and bake at 350 degree’s for 40-45 minutes
One thought on “Cinnamon- Sugar Rhubarb Coffee Cake”
I love seeing lots of different recipes using rhubarb! This looks delicious… reminds me of my grandma, she always baked with rhubarb from her garden.💗