1c Butter (melted)
1&1/2c Packed brown sugar
3c All-Purpose flour
1tsp baking soda
2&1/2c chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
– Preheat oven to 350degrees and grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
– In large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together.
– Add the eggs and vanilla extract.
– In a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
– Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
– mix well.
– Add rhubarb and again mix well.
– Drop by rounded tablespoon to prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart
– Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
1c Packed brown sugar
3c Powdered sugar
– In sauce pan, melt butter
– Add brown sugar.
– Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
– Add milk, continue cooking til the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
– Remove from heat.
– Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, mixing well after each addition.
– If needed add a few drops of milk for desired spreading consistency.
2 thoughts on “Frosted Rhubarb Cookies”
Okay, these look really good. I will have to make some later for my family. Thanks for the recipe.