Ever have one of those days where your hungry for Chinese food. But not wanting to go out. Here is our Sweet and sour pork recipe that is better then any Chinese restaurant I have ever gone to. It really is easy to make.
1lb Pork roast (cut into chunks)
1 Bell pepper (cut into chunks)
1/2 Zucchini (sliced in 1/2 moons)
3 Green Onions (chopped)
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1/4c Rice flour
5c Oil (for deep frying)
1can Pineapple chunks(drained), reserve juice for tempura
1tsp Garlic chili paste
2tbsp soy sauce
1/4c Hoisen sauce
1 (10oz)jar Sweet and sour sauce
Make Tempura from our recipe in other post.
– Prepare vegetables and set aside.
– Cut pork into chunk sized pieces.
– In large bowl add pork and toss with salt and pepper.
– Coat pork with rice flour.
– In large pan, heat 5c oil to 350-375 degrees.
– Dip pork in tempura and deep fry until golden brown.
– In frying pan heat a small amount of oil.
-Saute bell pepper, zucchini, and green onion until tender
– Add pineapple chunks, garlic chili paste, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet and sour sauce and water,
– mix well.
– Add pork and mix well or until everything is well coated with the sauce.
It goes well with sticky rice. Hope you enjoy this dish and if you try this. Would like to know what you think about it.